Praline Macaron

When I asked hubby which macaron he would like to have for the weekend, he did take some time to decide..after few minutes hesitation, he asked me if I could make for him this macaron.
I wasn't sure myself if I could really do it, it does look difficult. But I was completely wrong!

Praline are so easy to make..by now, you guys could guess which macaron he asked. Yes, Praline Mac.

The process of making the praline are so easy that I can't imagine I did it. The tricky part were only making the filling for the macaron. That's not including small disaster I had when I'm trying to grind the praline pieces. Stupid enough, I open the grinder cover while the machine were still moving. And I had a kitchen counter full of praline! Not helping much as the cat thought I was playing him. Luckily the smell of the praline remind me to calm down, breath in, breath out...


Praline Macaron - after disaster...

Basic recipe for the macaron shell: here

Praline Filling:
150 g praline
50 g milk chocolate (original recipe call for 50 g choc and 15 g butter)
15 g butter
50ml heavy cream or whipping cream

Melt chocolate pieces in a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.

Remove from heat, add butter and praline powder, mix well, add cream, stir thoroughly.

Allow ganache to set before use.

Praline Ingredients:
200 g nuts - hazelnut, peanut and almond (or any kind)
200 g sugar

Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine sugar and nuts in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until sugar has dissolved.

Increase heat to high, bring to boil, without stirring or until mixture turn golden or amber. Remove from heat and pour onto prepared tray.

Allow to cool and break the praline into shards. Grind praline in the food processor or coffee grinder until it become a smooth paste.


P/S: Kala, message from him:  though you got to view the photo before him, he still win.. he got to eat the mac before you..naaahhh 

Comments

  1. tell karim he may have won this round... but one day when I win the lotto ill buy the first ticket to AD while he's still at work and will eat all the macarons you've prepared (please, le me win the lotto!!!! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karim replied : you got to go out and buy the lotto first, but then, if you do win, you could just go to Pierre Herme and buy the whole lot there..hehehee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment