Croissant and Pain au Chocolat

Let me get rid of the spider web first...

Done..hope everybody doing fine, summer break almost over, 2 more days and school are open. Kids will be busy and so do us moms. How was your summer break? Hope as "interesting" as mine.

We were in Kuala Lumpur for Eid, not long, just 2 weeks. But enough to enjoyed our stay there. Celebrating Eid with family and friends, eat all the foods that we are craving, shopped the stuffs that need to buy, lazying around as needed. And we even had durian! I treasure those memories.



Pain au chocolat.... see those layers?? I can't believe I made this today for breakfast!!


As life are back on normal routine, the oven start to get busy again and I'm so proud to say that at last, I managed to prepare and baked a decent looking pains au chocolat for breakfast this morning. 

After watching Anna Olson's Bake Show, and how easy to do it, i feel the "urge" to try it. The last time I did it, it was such a catastrophic, very buttery mess, oozing out from every where, not a nice thing to see but taste good anyway.

The house were filled with butter smell this morning, hmmm, i love it. Thanks to Anna, she make recipes look easy, I think that's why I dare to re-do it this recipe, but maybe with a bit of alteration for next time. I should add more sugar. 



DĂ©trempe:
(I have converted the measurement to gram)
437 g all purpose flour
236 g water, room temperature
118 g milk, room temperature
5 tbsp sugar (I will add more next time)
2 1/4 tsp instant dry yeast
1 1/4 tsp salt
28 g butter, room temperature

Buerrage:
283.5 g butter, room temperature

1 egg + 2 tbsp water for egg wash

Assembly

Method, please refer to Anna Olson Bake Show 



Note
1. Get a very good butter, it does make a different

2. I did few more folding and rolling instead of 2 times as Anna wrote on her page.

3. For Pain au Chocolat, Anna's Pains au Chocolat and get a very good dark or milk chocolate for this recipe






Comments